How to boil a perfect egg. Yep, one that has a pretty yellow yolk.
I do not know about you but I cannot eat a boiled egg if the yolk is green. Green? yes that is what usually happens when you boil the egg too long. What I learned a long time ago (I am a self taught cook) that food continues to cook even after the burner is turned off. With this information, I have discovered how to boil a perfect egg.
Here is all you need to do:
- put eggs in pan (pan needs to have a lid)
- fill pan with water just covering the eggs
- put on burner and bring to a rolling boil (this is where the water is moving the eggs and the water is bubbling)
- set timer for 5 minutes
- turn off burner and put lid on pan
- set timer for 20 minutes
- 2 cups ice for a 2 quart pan (ice is needed to stop the cooking process)
- drain water from eggs and add ice
- move, swirl, stir the ice and eggs and as the ice melts drain water and add another cup of ice
- keep swirling, stirring, until the ice is almost melted
- grab egg and tap tap tap along the top of the sink or pan to crack the shell all the way around
- egg should peel easily
- rinse and place egg in bowl or container
Trick is to peel the eggs immediately after the quick cool down. You should have perfect yellow eggs.
Let me know how this works for you. Thank you for stopping!
Creating. Inspiring. Gardening without the rules!
2015-6 copyrighted material C Renee Fuller @The Garden Frog Boutique